Friday, June 13, 2008

Fun_DoomsdayVaultIII_MO

This is the Making Of one of my favorite pieces all year, my interior for the Doomsday Vault III.

First the pencils.

It was a busy weekend, but I kinda put more effort into this interior than the issue's cover!

Reflections on working on the Penny Dreadful:

1) It was a great change of creative pace.

Next inks.

Fun fact: as of 6/13/08, 12:23 Pacific, I have 1337 hits! Lucky Friday the 13.

2) I wasn't fond of the uncomfortably slow editorial feedback and the abrupt deadlines!

3) It was way too short of a run--three issues?!

And finally colors.

4) They didn't run a story called "To What End," therefore banishing away a piece I was particularly happy with.

Happy 1337 since I didn't commemorate 1000.

21 days till Japan.

Reuxben



No comments: