Friday, June 4, 2010

Fun_PD.DoggieMojo2

This is the book version of this piece, my cover for the Penny Dreadful.

The Penny Dreadful, alas, is likely on its way out of existence. I was with the publication since issue two, and I'm so proud of how far we came, but unfortunately I have a strong feeling it's going to die out by next year. I believe there's two people who could save it, though: him and her. But who knows.

Good news, bad news, GO!

Good News: I'm officially, tangentially a real-deal published author--I noticed this piece got published at McSweeney's! Yes, it's written by our old Record Chairman, but I pitched the original idea way back in the day and I even got to illustrate it. This news is particularly cool because the original ran back when the Record was still heavily rebuilding, but the piece was definitely one of the outstanding ones. And look how far the Record's come, too; it looks set to really thrive now. Absolutely awesome!

Bad News: I received some horrific welcome-back-home news--we're bankrupt! Absolutely awesome.

No pressure to go pro, right?

Reuxben

No comments: