Friday, June 11, 2010

Fun_PD.DoggieMojo3

This is the book version of this piece, my final Doggie Mojo installment for the Penny Dreadful.

So I've been in a drawing funk recently. I don't have that same hunger from back when I was in college. Speaking of which, it's so ridiculous to think of myself as an alumnus, you know? To be fair, I felt the same about being called a college student till around late sophomore year; I felt like I was a high schooler who had sneaked in somehow. It sucks now cuz just as soon as you think, Man, I can't wait to get back in the fall for that crisp New Haven autumn, you realize, No, that's it, man.

Watching SNL always reminds me of Yale, because it was one of my first memories (t)here. As a Californian, I was so excited to finally see the show on East Coast time. And I remember watching it in the beautifully cave-like, original JE buttery, and then later in the cold, empty husk called Swing Space, and feeling so unbelievably at home, more than I ever had anywhere else.

Call me psychic, but can I call it or what? Yay.

Reuxben

No comments: