Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fun_hws.Tenchi


Found out the other day that my classmate died.

I didn't know him well, but we were in a sitcom-writing class at Yale for a semester, one of my favorite classes of my Yale career. Apparently it was just a year before he found out something was wrong. That guy had an incredible energy about him. Made you feel like a million bucks, even if you're just an acquaintance. Makes you want to smile, but yours could never compete with his. I still have the sitcom pitch he delivered during class; however fun and funny it was, it was his in-person delivery of it that made you want to check out his show immediately. I remember thinking, man this would rock as an animated show. He's the kind of guy that fires you up to do your best, the kind of guy I would love to work for or with.

Tenchi is Japanese for "heaven and earth," I learned the other day. Tenshi is "angel." So this Tenchi Muyo fan art I did recently for a kid at school seemed fitting for today.

Goodbye, sir. Enjoy a pain-free eternity.

With respect and admiration,

Reuxben

2 comments:

Our Beauty Philosophy said...

I am sorry for your loss, that was a beautiful memory.

Reuxben said...

Thanks. I hope everyone can be lucky enough in their lifetime to meet someone so warm and positive.