Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Fun_BackInAction

It's actually May 4th, 2017 as I write this.

I decided to take some time off from posting online on my main sites and just hermit it up on practice mode. I don't know, I just felt like disappearing, really.

Obviously, it's been a depressing time here. My first night here I found myself crying after everyone else went to sleep. This song, "Little Wanderer," just hit me, everything aligned.

Anyway, it looks like I have some posts to make up for, so I'll be churning them out, but the complication is that I also want to focus on a bigger project I'm working on.

The tension with doing daily posts (Instagram/Twitter) as I was doing for the larger part of the past year is that while it gives a nice little pressure to produce "presentable" work constantly, the daily deadlines sorta crowd out and even preclude larger projects because invariably I want the day's content to look as good as it can, and inevitably I end up dedicating more and more time on the day's content and less and less on the main objective.

I still want time to study, as I feel this is probably even more important than I already give it credit for, but I also need to get my bigger project done, too. These must be my top two priorities.

If prioritizing daily content, I could always just post WIPs of the main project, but I don't actually want to post WIP stuff without corresponding finished work because that just doesn't feel worth the mental real estate for anyone.

Another solution could just be posting on the "daily" sites less. Once a week feels too scarce, daily is possible, but easily time-monopolizing, so perhaps the trusty old thrice-a-week scheme, huh? But that feels so weak, man.

I don't know.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: