Wednesday, August 16, 2017

FanArt_ThaGthang


I finally got around to colorizing this old sketch of Stitcher Geralf, as depicted by the incomparable Karla Ortiz.

It's under-cooked, but I just wanted to make something quick without overthinking for once. I dunno. They always say to just go for volume, but it frankly disgusts me to release stuff I don't feel looks as good as I can presently make it. I understand I will get better and make better stuff than what I think is "acceptable" now, but that's not the point. I want it to look "good enough" now, not this goo-goo-ga-ga, A-for-effort stuff we're supposed to post to make us feel good about ourselves.

That's nonsense. Make it look as good as possible now, so that when you look back on it, you can claim you're legit better now, not "Well, obviously the new stuff is better, this old stuff was done forever ago and was purposefully weak. Also I'm a boxer in training trying to feel good about myself by picking a fight with a toddler."

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: