Monday, September 3, 2018

FanArt_pgtp.NoPumpkaboo


Just 63 days until it's time to #PokemonGoToThePolls on Tuesday, November 6, 2018, so here is Kalos Dex #063, Pumpkaboo!


Again, this one feels just a little more complex than what I'd like these to be at.


The thing is it always feels like I'm pulling too many punches on these, though.


In any case, I enjoyed drawing this guy, he has such a neat little design.


My earlier sketch featured some Tim Burton-y swirls in the background, but we ended up going with a spooky little cornfield.


I wanted to make sure there was a lot of action in this piece cuz of how round the character design is, which makes high-action a little less expected.


I also abandoned an early sketch where the Poke felt just a little too static, but which was sorta vaguely inspired by Algenpfleger's Saproling token.


And speaking of which, don't be sketchy or a sap--register if you haven't already and elect to be a voter on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.


Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: