Monday, October 15, 2018

FanArt_ink.Weak


MTGinktober hobbles onto Day 15, "Weak," starring a Germ token and Batterskull!


This was a tricky prompt, but what made it finally click was asking, What's the weakest creature you can get? A 0/0 token! It dies to just about any sort of disruption, including bounce and stuff that merely affects permanents affecting it! I had in mind some kind of spoof of a classic "character and its mech" shot, but more depressing and ugly.


Fun Facts: This is our first piece that utilized my trusty, old fudepen, and I even tried hatching with it, on top of the usual duties of dropping heavy spot blacks. I don't usually draw things I consider aesthetically unpleasing, but I went a little out of my comfort zone to try to make this one a little disturbing and gross--he's clawing away into his skin, you see.


Easter Eggs: There's a Mortarpod in the background, and the background is based on the GP Promo Batterskull, which is also this illustration's featured version of the equipment.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: