Wednesday, April 3, 2019

FanArt_FbbrMeTimbers


Found him.


I drew this shortly after Fblthp's card was revealed, as a sort of time-attack challenge.


I've been in a bit of a funk lately (see how slow updates have been on my archive sites).


So I treated this as a challenge to just let go and drop a painting in relatively short order.


It worked, and I felt a boost in confidence that I still know how to make an illustration, particularly paint.


However, I did end up having a nightmare a few nights later, of a little monster staring at me from off to the side of the bed while I slept--it was so vivid I couldn't sleep anymore and slugged through the rest of the day on about two hours of sleep! I later realized the monster I saw was Fblthp, or at least a Detective Pikachu-style homunculus.


Anyway, I took the opportunity to make a bluish, abstract cityscape background in honor of Ravnica, and made sure to embrace the classic, clunky Fbthp design, rather than the peculiarly chiseled version his actual card has.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: