Wednesday, October 23, 2019

FanArt_ink.Ancient


MTGinktober creaks into Day 23, "Ancient," starring Werewolf of Ancient Hunger and Ancient Grudge!


I wasn't sure if it would be either too clever or too easy to pick the covertly decrepit Liliana for this prompt, but then out of nowhere I thought of drawing an interpretation of Ancient Grudge, and everything fell together. I briefly thought of using Arlinn, Embraced by the Moon as our star werewolf, but that didn't quite seem like a good fit, and fortunately, there existed a werewolf that was all about being ancient, hence our considerably more obscure casting. Plus it meant I got to draw something kinda scary, but not gross.


Fun Facts: I was shocked when I first realized Ancient Grudge isn't actually an Innistrad debut printing, but it's actually a reprint from Time Spiral! This is one of the rare cards that actually feels like it got printed in a different set because of how well associated it is with its reprint. I played through Time Spiral, so I feel like I shoulda known, but that goes to show you the power of that infamous flavor text. This piece marks the return of my white pen, which now finally works again!


Easter Eggs: The background is from Kessig Wolf Run.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: