Thursday, October 17, 2019

FanArt_ink.Ornament


MTGinktober accessorizes Day 17, "Ornament," starring Silumgar and Tasigur, the Golden Fang!


I kept going back and forth between two ideas enough that it ate up too much of my drawing time, so I just had to jam the one I could complete in time--Silumgar showing off his bling like a rapper. My other idea was Liliana examining her tiara thing and The Chain Veil. I've been experimenting on subject matter, and it looks like, generally, planeswalkers get more eyes than legends, and female characters more than male characters, so I'm guessing Liliana mighta been a stronger choice.


Fun Facts: This is supposed to be a play on those dumb sticker things people slap on their Instagram photos and stuff--digital ornaments, if you will, not to mention these are two famously opulent characters. This is Tasigur's second MTGinktober appearance.


Easter Eggs: That weird S thing all the kids drew in their notebooks back in elementary school--rumor had it that it was something gang related, which is why teachers clamped down on it, but who knows. Snoop Dogg from that car-driving dance GIF (with a Clan Silumgar logo). The two other heads are those classic emo characters that were all the rage in middle school. Deal With It glasses inspired by those of Jim Davis.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: