Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Com_OtterTribe_Pt.2


Continuing from last time, here are the remaining hats for our EchoOtter avatar series, starting with one based on Indiana Jones.


Here's the sketch of the Indy version. This was a little tricky because it's actually two pieces--a front and a back--which made this one just slightly more complicated than simply "drawing a hat on" our hero.


And finally, here's a version inspired by Resident Evil's Jill. I only have super vague familiarity with RE, as we were more of a Nintendo house growing up, so PS games didn't really connect with me, but I do fuzzily remember playing one of the titles at some point, though I believe I got frustrated with the finite save system and the static camera angles, so I just never could really get into it.


To wrap this session, here's the sketch version of this hat, which features a Wind-Waker simplified logo design, customized with "ECHO" in place of Jill's "STAR." You know, a weird connection I realized these two series have is that both Indiana Jones and Resident Evil go by different names in Japan--they call the good doctor "Indy Jones" and the horror series is simply "Biohazard." Anyway, that's it for the core of this piece. Next time, we'll check out the background, plus some alternate sketches.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: