Wednesday, October 14, 2020

FanArt_ink.Armor

 
 MTGinktober defends Day 14, "Armor," starring Adriana, Captain of the Guard and Shield of Kaldra (promo version)!

Man, just stuck in this cycle of being pinched for time, but we're doing what we can here.  With that in mind, I wanted to pick someone with prominent armor, of course, but without super heavy detail demands, since I anticipated this one was going to cut it close, which is why we gave Adriana the edge over the slightly more complex Danitha (who has now just missed making an appearance twice this year).

Interestingly, both today's featured character and her runner-up, Danitha, are both illustrated by Chris Rallis.  I used to be super not into his art for its rubbery, waxy, or generally overly "CG" feeling, but he's made real efforts to step it up lately, and I appreciate it.  Heck, this isn't even our first Chris Rallis fan art this run!

Fun Facts: Today's erased page was a character study in progress of the stars of the MTG comic that wasn't meant to be.  Also, while I suspect we may not have enough Pilot ink to finish our next illustration, I'm now concerned my nib is about dead, too--noticing a lot of jagged line drags!  Fortunately I have spares to work with, way more worried the new ink will not work out.

Easter Eggs: Though Danitha didn't make the final roster this time, her background lives on in this piece.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: