Saturday, October 24, 2020

FanArt_ink.Dig


MTGinktober excavates Day 24, "Dig," starring Ghoulcaller Gisa!

Always eager to draw Gisa, and this was the perfect prompt for a shovel-wielder.  Particularly pressed for time and energy on this one cuz I just got off another 10-hour virtual phone bank shift (perhaps my last of the cycle--it's super exhausting, but I hope to give it at least a couple more efforts), so I even forgot to snap a photo of the "preliminary inks" phase, which is how the illustration looks like fresh off the basic inks before going back in for touch-ups, so I'm including the preliminary scan I used for our Twitter/Instagram post. 

Fun Facts: This is Gisa's fourth MTGinktober appearance, which I believe ties her for the most appearances with Domri, who is probably my favorite Planeswalker.  Speaking of Domri, I erased the line I drew between his illustration and this one, so they actually overlap a little bit on the left, not sure if I'll cut the Bristol board at some point...

Easte Eggs: Always love hiding my signature in dirt formations, and you can find it in the upper right.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: