Tuesday, October 13, 2020

FanArt_ink.Dune


 
 MTGinktober sands down Day 13, "Dune," starring Pianna, Nomad Captain and Shefet Dunes!

 
Gosh, I hate hot weather, so I definitely hate drawing hot weather, especially deserts, so this was kind of a bittersweet prompt, as I have no desire to draw such draining environs, though on the bright side, it's a lot of negative space, so more time to get in some Arena Drafts after hours to collect some full-art landos.

 
But regardless, D. Alex is one of my favorite artists, and Pianna is one of my favorite character designs from way back when I started, so any excuse to give her a starring role eases the pain of drawing sandy stuff.  I do lament the Twitter cropping though...

 
Fun Facts:  This is Pianna's second MTGinktober appearance, after her first run as a candidate, in fact.  The page we toasted for this illustration was more thumbnails from our never-to-be MTG comic.  Also, we are just about out of ink!  I'm not sure we'll be able to last through the next illustration without resorting to our weaker, back-up supply, assuming that ink even works.  Bummer.

 
Easter Eggs: Not a ton of wiggle room here, but we plopped our sig into the sand at the bottom right.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: