Wednesday, October 7, 2020

FanArt_ink.Fancy

 
MTGinktober pirouettes into Day 7, "Fancy," starring Queen Marchesa!


Man, really wanted to go all-out on this one, with plenty of fancy details, but I was so exhausted--MTGinktober really starts to catch up with you right about this time, huh?

 
So, while I had high hopes for this piece, I fear it will go down as a great missed opportunity--though, for all I know, maybe in time I won't know what shortcomings I'm alluding to here. 

 
Fun Facts: I had a chance to draft Conspiracy when it came out, but passed on it cuz these purely casual formats simply don't appeal to me (especially as I don't really have use for any of the wacky reprints, as I was mainly a Standard-Draft player, with no interest in formats older than Standard), but I've always been a fan of the Conspiracy aesthetic, so it was certainly a joy giving Marchesa a go.  Anyway, today's cleared page was a building and character study for our MTG comic that wasn't meant to be, pictured below.

 
Easter Eggs: I carved my signature into her chair's back among all the random carvings it has (this bewildered me about the original painting--they're globular shapes rather than sharp!).  I know, it's not a terribly graceful insertion, but what are you gonna do?  I was barely awake drawing this.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: