Saturday, October 10, 2020

FanArt_ink.Hope

 
MTGinktober aspires to Day 10, "Hope," starring Liliana, the Last Hope and Hopeful Eidolon!
 

Man, I had to take it easy on this one because I had hoped to squeeze in time to check my votes for this year's ballot (not to mention give my aching hand some relief), but I was thinking of spoofing the famous Star Wars: A New Hope poster, but that woulda been quite labor intensive--like Garruk as Vader, maybe Basri as Luke, Elspeth as Leia, Parhelion II as the Death Star, etc.

I was also a bit reluctant to use up our Liliana allowance on a Saturday post, since weekend posts tend not to get as many eyes, but who knows.  There's been a pattern of posts not doing well initially, then blowing up later, and that's fine, too.  Just a bummer when they flat-out tank.

Fun Facts: Today's cleared page was an old drawing called Saltines, after the Jack White song, in a series of experiments where I was trying to figure out a way to draw a Magic-adjacent character, to see how that would look--basically, pondering how to make Magic fan art that wasn't screaming from the rooftops, "THIS IS MAGIC FAN ART!!!"  These random, periodic explorations ultimately developed into Coverage Draft, I suppose, but they were unrelated at the time, just wanted to make "original" fan art.

Easter Eggs: The background shadow belongs to Emrakul, the Promised End, of course.  My signature is in Liliana's cape thing.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: