Tuesday, October 27, 2020

FanArt_ink.Music

 
MTGinktober rocks out Day 27, "Music," starring Gerrard, Weatherlight Hero; Karn, Silver Golem; Mirri, Cat Warrior, and Ertai, Wizard Adept

 
Ah, man, what a salve these four were from this hideous homage piece.  This was a real joy to make, I absolutely loved studying Mr. Jamie Hewlett's style.  And it was done in record time!  Each ink took about 4 minutes on average, Ertai's 3 being the fastest.

 
Fun Facts: This is our second computer-assisted piece, actually, but as I am quite insistent on doing these as traditional as possible, the only reason I used Photoshop to assist here was--as is the only valid reason--to dump a ton of flat black onto the piece (and I am running super low on ink for my broad spot-black inks!), but I remain committed to using nigh exclusively traditional techniques (there was a slight clean up on a splotch that my white ink didn't quite clear up completely here).

 
Easter Eggs: Obviously, this is a spoof of the most famous Gorillaz album cover, though mine references domain, one of the big mechanics from the Invasion block, the last hurrah for this crew.  I cast Ertai as Murdoc since he's villainous, Gerrard as 2D since he's the "pretty boy" leader, Mirri over Jhoira as Noodle since I already Jhoira and have been meaning to draw Mirri, and Karn as Russel since they both have that bulky look, of course.  I wish I had a better band name, maybe Gotalldeez, but Weathaz seemed close enough.
 
Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: