Friday, October 30, 2020

FanArt_ink.Ominous

 
MTGinktober looms over Day 30 "Ominous," starring Aminatou, the Fateshifter and Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker!

 
Ah, this was another enjoyable, relatively easy one to draw since the shapes were so simple.  The toughest part was the tight details on Aminatou's costuming, really, and I guess the ropes' perspective on Shirei's.  But that dress was more tedious than difficult.  Pressed for time as always, but setting up for more volunteer shifts before the election is a worthy cause.

 
Fun Facts: This is actually Shirei's second MTGinktober appearance, believe it or not.  This is also my first attempt at using my Deleter white ink for the streaks on the background, and man, it didn't go well--it gummed up my nibs!  So I went back to my gel pen, which is definitely easier to use, but is running dangerously low and is much more transparent. Prolly just gotta thin the Deleter ink a bit.

 
Easter Eggs: This is of course a reference to the famous Spirited Away scene.  I totally didn't think to put my signature in Shirei's board, so it's back in the tree at top.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: