Thursday, October 29, 2020

FanArt_ink.Shoes

 
 MTGinktober kicks into Day 29 "Shoes," starring Phoebe, Head of S.N.E.A.K.(ers) and Lightning Greaves (Michael Komarck's FNM version)!

 
Man, I wasn't sure what to draw here, as a lot of characters aren't illustrated with feet, but those with prominent footwear aren't quite good fits for the prompt.  And do we use in-universe shoes or make a tennis shoe ad spoof?  Well, I went with Pheobe since her name sounds like "sneaker," which is a word I hate, but that gels with the shoe theme.

 
Fun Facts: This is our first image to break the half-page format, as it was crucial to feature her full length prominently, which stretched past my Bristol board's halfway mark.  The illustration was large enough to preclude any kind of background in our time crunch, so I just pushed the smoke tendril things, which I hope I read correctly from her original illustration--I also needed to merge multiple scans to fit the entire image!

 
Easter Eggs: We have a special guest star in Acornelia, Fashionable Filcher, as a throwback to the original tennis shoe fashion ad treatment we were considering. Plus I wanted a chipper character to cheer up our more dour main star. My signature is in her boa.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: