Sunday, October 18, 2020

FanArt_ink.Trap

 
MTGinktober gets the drop on Day 18, "Trap," starring Nahiri, Heir of the Ancients and Mindbreak Trap!
 

Again, pressed for time, so I had to go with something relatively straightforward, and fortunately, I had been wanting to draw Nahiri since yesterday, as a curveball for Storm, so I already had a bunch of reference pulled up for her.

She also felt like a good fit for Trap since she kinda pulled a treacherous switcheroo on her pal in the Zendikar Rising trailer.

Fun Facts:  Today's cleared page was notes I took between rounds at a prerelease, I believe, on a neat T-shirt I saw some guy wearing.  This is Nahiri's fourth MTGinktober appearance.  Helpfully, she doesn't really change card to card, so I kinda bounced between all her various cards for different details, though her ZNR and SOI versions were my anchors.

Easter Eggs:  The sword is the Double Masters alternative art for Sword of War and Peace (the red-white sword, of course). My signature is in the explosion at bottom left.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: