Monday, November 23, 2015

Fun_CanetEars_L


A study of an Eric Canete sketch.

He actually inspired this site, you know. My gosh, we just hit the 9th anniversary of this site a few days ago, and a large part of it starting up in earnest was this guy posting such inspirational ink stuff that I'd study to get amped before doing an ink illustration for the Penny Dreadful.

I actually called this site Removal because he called his Discard! Haha. In Magic, removal is my favorite thing you can do, so it fit for multiple reasons--obviously there's more to the name than just that but it was a great jumping-off point.

I remember being so nervous when I finally met him...I got him to review my stuff at Comic-Con once. I was expecting him to shred me apart, but he was actually quite positive...somewhat vexingly, since I didn't really know how to improve from there. But I don't think he was pulling punches, he's certainly not afraid of letting you know what he thinks.

So...we continue floundering.

4/10/16

Reuxben

No comments: