Friday, September 29, 2017

Fun_RobotrixMasha


Giant robo "Masha" on the destructo-patho, yo!


I wanted to draw this Irong Giant-reminiscent mech on the warpath utilizing negative space to show super heated trees, and this is the result.


Eerily enough, I first published the early version of this piece on the same night as there was a wildfire warning active in California, my home state, meanwhile the whole state was suffering intense fire warnings across the board.


The illustration turned out nice enough that I wanted to develop it a little further (see the red graffiti updating the pubdate to 1/17/18 from 12/7/17), and I'm pretty happy with how we progressed on it.


I painted this mainly on two layers: BG and robo, but this piece helped me feel more comfortable getting a little more daring with wacky adjustment/effects layers and then overpainting on top of everything afterward. But the minimal-layer base keeps everything still feeling like it's all safely under my fingertips, like working on a traditional piece that know I can always manipulate on any specific portion I'd like, rather than working on a sprawling "digital" piece.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: