Friday, May 6, 2016

Fun_HPBAPB


These were the main characters I was happy with in that old comic I wrote. Ko's main weapon is a celery stick, and Chika's is a toothbrush. The inspiration here was distinctly--what are the most useless weapons you could have?

I always seem to struggle with the "main" character (model outline visible on the right), though, particularly when it's a guy...everything just happens to him, but he's never an agent of anything.

Supporting characters end up driving everything, and the main character just becomes a MacGuffin.

Anyway, I took the costumes from fashion magazines and even what I'd see people wearing around town. But the story just didn't cook as much as I'd like, and in fact only the second part felt interesting, once we get past the sort of get-to-know-us stuff.

Reuxben

No comments: