Monday, September 10, 2018

FanArt_pgtp.SrsMankeyBzns


No more than 56 days until it's time to #PokemonGoToThePolls on Tuesday, November 6, 2018, so here is National Dex #056, Mankey!


I was excited to go with Mankey over Johto #56, Wooper, cuz this would partly be inspired by the episode when a mankey stole Ash's official hat.


This was also an exciting one because I kinda drew linelessly after getting the rough sketch down, I just carved the shapes in with colors.


I don't know if I'd call it advisable, but it was a nice change of pace, and a worthwhile experiment.


The background was also pretty free-form, and I more boldy worked with layering a bit, including independently blurring the farthest BG elements.


The numbering for this piece was a little risky: I knew I could always figure out how to work in the number later, so I just focused completely on drawing the piece first, and left the number utterly out of mind.


And like clockwork, as soon as I finished the main imagery, within seconds my subconscious delivered: falling bananas in the shape of "56."


But you know what isn't bananas? Making sure both to register if you haven't already and elect to be a voter on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: