Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Fun_BadHabit_MO

From last semester, here's the Making Of "Bad Habit." I've been keeping tighter track of the comic-making process more recently, so we can all look forward to more in depth MOs once we get to this semester's stuff.

But about this piece, first we have some pencil skeleton drafts. The sketch on the left started with a more unconventional layout, with the main characters existing outside of the frames, actually interacting with them. But then I decided a more conventional layout would be for the best. Although I did decide to make the guy spit at the end, after a quick sketch.

So this final layout made more sense, and as a result I created one of my more popular comics from last semester.

Sometimes wacky and revolutionary isn't always the best choice. But then again...

Reuxben

No comments: