Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fun_DoomsdayVaultII_MO

Today's a tour of my first Penny-published piece, Doomsday Vault II interior work.

So first I roughly outline everything without investing too deeply into details.

I was secretly hoping to impress the editors enough to get the next cover, after the premiere's lamentable cover.

Wonder if that panned out...


Next I get to the final pencils.

Since I'll be publishing this, I know I'll be inking, so I don't have to go over with another coat of darker pencil, as I usually do for pencil pieces.

I was dreading the dark background, but I knew it would look cooler than just solid black.

And finally, the most frightening, reluctant step: inking.

I strongly feel you should always ink for publication unless it's mind blowing in pencil or something.

Today's intended special will air Monday, I guess, since I don't want to advertise it.

9 days till Japan,

Reuxben

No comments: