Friday, May 18, 2012

ZLM_SpecialRaunchy

Hey, hey, hey, let's keep it PG around here, aight, pal?

Zero Like Me #184:
Special Raunchy

000
Easter Eggs: "Yale" in panel 1. Today's setting is Chokubu Junior High School. Today's guest star is Umezawa plus good ol' kocho-sensei.

Fun Facts: Didn't realize this was my last YDN-run comic!  So off-throwing having the Japanese school year start in March!  Anyway, when I first landed in Japan, I was shocked to be invited to a "Special Raunchy" by smirking Japanese men...I didn't know what was going on until I realized they were trying to say "Special Lunch."  Was it special? Not really. Was it raunchy? I'll never tell.

(It wasn't.)

Baa: I have a ridiculously basic taste, and I greatly dislike even the smallest of frills in my food.  My burgers get advanced as ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise.  My pizza tops at pepperoni.  My quesadillas bet' not have anything more'n just cheese, please.  So when living in Japan, I have to make compromises.  I've found that by starving myself, suddenly everything tastes good.

Or at least tastes better than nothing--or rather, keeps you from dying better than nothing.

Reuxben

No comments: