Friday, June 14, 2013

Fun_SaitoBlack

So this started with some sketching practice from some cool photos based on a cool new deck name called "Saito Black," probably the coolest deck name I've heard in a while, possibly ever.

When it came to putting these together, I thought of an old interview I translated where everyone describes their dream, and it felt so One Piece. One guy wants to be the greatest player in the world, but one guy wants to be the greatest deckbuilder in the world. So cool. So, what if they were rivals? Or a team? And the world revolved around Magic, like how the world revolves around whatever the anime/manga is about?

I happened to have some rejected treasure map art on me, so we merged them and a neat little concept was born.

Live in 3/4/15.

Reuxben

No comments: