Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Fun_GoGojira


Some more sketches from the Gojira notebooks. The 7-11 free-notebook promotion ran until the 15th, but fortunately I was able to get a notebook every day, mighta even doubled up a couple days. All you had to do was buy two items from the bread section. Super easy, and pretty much what I'd buy anyway. The above piece, by the way, is vaguely inspired by James Jean.


There are four types of notebooks, but this one's my favorite design. However, it's watermarked with the cover image across each page, so you can't get any clear drawings in. But I've taken this as a good thing: it disincentivizes getting too precious with the drawings, so I can feel less pressure when I draw in them. Two of the designs just have ruled lines, but they aren't as cool.


Anyway, I've decided to use my stack of notebooks for studies, and more specifically, loading it up with gesture drawing. This is what a bunch of 1-minute studies look like. I also do a 30-second shift. I hear this magically makes you better, so inject it into my eyeballs and let's do this.

Reuxben

No comments: