Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Fun_ChiksUp


Another artifact from the recent Werewolf visit, where we sat around drawing at a bread shop.


I tried out his markers, which blended really quite well, even on this tough watercolor paper, but unfortunately I didn't finish coloring before we had to head out.


Here's the image minus the blurs and whistles, but retaining the color correction on the background. I've been sitting on this photo for a while, seen undoctored in the background above, and I knew I wanted to use it for a PhotoJam with a pikachu, though I originally thought it would be a digital draw.


The photo was from a sort of street-side garden, or more accurately a collection of different trees, each numbered and with an accompanying placard bearing details on the tree. I saw one with pikachu's original pokedex number, 25, and knew I wanted a super-instragrammy pokesafari type gag.


I finished coloring at home with Copics to fill in the remaining bits, but new to this process, I used some of my ballpoint Signos and Mitsubishi colored pencils to touch up and texturize some of the character. I'm pretty happy with the little details you can work in using these in combination.


This is how it looked before I thought to add the pen and pencil layers.


And here are our lines, drawn on surprisingly forgiving watercolor paper.

If all is going according to plan, I'm actually on the road, Kyoto-bound for the GP, to meet the sensei. I'll be back on Monday.

Reuxben

No comments: