Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Fun_MakingMing


This is not the final version, but I have so many steps captured of this piece, I decided to split the preliminary steps into this separate post.


The challenge here was to make a "major" landscape from imagination using just Steve Ahn's Ultimate Brush on one layer.


I started this piece back in May, but put it on the back burner after other priorities came up.


I kept thinking how this reminded me of Chocolate Mountain, from Super Mario Bros., which was a fabled area to me because that meant you were officially far in the game, near the end, past the kiddie parts. Bittersweet since you just want to disappear into that game forever (I'd replay that second level, with Yoshi, for hours). It seems like interest would fade by the forest prior to Choco Mountain, and the game never got finished, but hitting triceratops-having mountain meant you were past that crucial interest-fading forest area.


Anyway, my favorite part of this piece is probably the pale, faded mountains kissed with snow and grass in the background. To see how this piece winds up, sheck out it on here.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: