Monday, May 5, 2008

Fun_ExitLow

These are sketches from the recent Ex!t Players' Senior Show and the even more recent Low Strung reading week show.

I prefer my improv purple, of course, but just to be safe, I decided to check out the Ex!t Players one more time. My memory had not deceived me, they are not worth paying to see, and they do get tedious too often.


Aside: this started out as a sketch of Gregor, but I started spinning it into something original.

It baffles me that the Crayon doesn't charge or at least didn't this year, especially when Ex!t and the VQ do. I visited the Viola Question a couple of times during their 12 hour marathon, and perhaps because of the enormous, commendable task they weren't that strong, but still...

I've always wanted to go to a Low Strung concert, especially since we don't seem to have a rock-themed a capella group, so I decided to check these guys out. It was pretty enjoyable. This guy is apparently their leader?

This guy had some wacky hair.

Before the show started, I started sketching this since no one was on stage. I continued sketching after the lights went out and it came out pretty well considering I was drawing by slips of moonlight through the window.

Ok, more polished stuff to close the week.

Also, Friday is My Chemical Romance at Madison Square Garden, which will be my first time seeing them performing live, and I hope to get some sketches there, but we'll see what happens.

Reuxben

No comments: