Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Fun_Snoward


Ah, just thinking about Yale lately, so I wanted to do a study of my old homeland, with a little Zero snuck in there for better or for worse.


The animation was an afterthought, inspired by my rain tribute (love the rain), though ironically it's actually raining right now and Tokyo snow is probably done till next winter.


This is also a companion to the Nyao at snowrainy Yale number. And this spot would actually be right in the back corner of where Nyao's head is, and facing left along the path heading into Branford from Saybrook.


The concept started as an intense close up of "Zero being a coward," but after glancing at an old photo, I just got this deep, arresting longing for Yale and thought to focus on that and downplay Z. Thus a coward in snow becomes a "snoward."


It's always comforting diminishing Z...I'd always be mean to him just to make myself feel better, or at least, acknowledge that it could be worse.


I dunno...I just felt so bitterly sad today, just wanted to stay in bed and, well, cry or sleep or both...But I forced myself to get up and do some studies and then draw this. I'm glad I did it, but I know I'm just running away from things. I use art like some alcoholics use booze, I imagine.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: