Monday, October 11, 2010

ZLM_HanaOnna

Why do they call her the "Flower Lady" when she's neither?

Zero Like Me [Alive] #128:
Hana Onna
<- Previous Comic...Next Comic ->
-First Comic-

=Fullpost expand=

Easter Eggs: "Yale" in panel 2.

Fun Facts: Today's setting is just outside of HGS. Today's guest star is The Flower Lady. Today's little quip is one of the first straight "prose" bits of comedy I got published in the Record--it was a mailbag, which aren't credited, but now you know who wrote that little gem. Today's comic is a boiled-down version of a Herald Comic I pitched in 2009 that my editor refused to run. Just about one more New Haven-based script left before we take the big plunge.

Baa: I have a slight grudge against the Flower Lady for being so aggressive towards me after I bought a flower from her Freshman Year...I am already consumed with guilt trips all day long about the stupidest, most inconsequential stuff; I don't need her sending me on an additional one. Flower Lady, please harass the millionaires wearing those moronic $40 Jack Wills t-shirts instead; I am far from made of money. In fact, I'm a dorm room and a bootlegged daffodil away from being your panhandling buddy. Stand down, Flower Lady, stand down.

Speaking of written comedy, after chatting with a trusted and cherished advisor--dare I say mentor?--I just got a resurgence in energy, confidence, and over all focus regarding something I did a while ago...don't want to jinx it, but, man, I wish I could bottle what I'm feeling now so that when the time comes, I'll be able to just nail it, stick the landing, and destroy.

So much cool art news recently, I feel some legitimacy coming on. But for now, who's ready for Wednesday's birthday bash? Me neither.

Reuxben

No comments: