Wednesday, October 6, 2010

ZLM_ThatsWhat

Watch your mouth, kid, or you're gonna find yourself floating home.

Zero Like Me [Alive] #126:
That's What I Chose: Yale
<- Previous Comic...Next Comic ->
-First Comic-

Fulltext and special features are Additionals.

Easter Eggs: "Yale" in panel 2, plant monster with flag in panel 1. The "Watch your step" shirt was inspired by a sign I saw in a Japanese subway.

Fun Facts: Today's setting is a really lovely street in New Haven that I like--oh, the irony, it's like it's intentional! But make no mistake, the video's called "That's Why I Chose Yale," not "That's Why I Chose New Haven." Also, the kids in the video aren't dancing, they're just getting tased by New Haven cops placed just off camera. Also, I've never actually seen the video, but I assume there's dancing.

 
Baa: The past couple of days have been incredible and it culminated in two incredible visitors to the site today--first was Random House Publishing checking out my portfoolio for realio! And then, not to toot my own horn, but...TOOT TOOT, MOMOFUKU, the New York Times showed up to party! So, yeah...pretty thrilling. You can see what all that jazz is about here if you missed it. I don't like to advertise myself, so it's always fun/ny seeing old stuff get a spike in attention once people catch on and hot potato it. This was probably the hugest hot potato yet--two games two days in a row--Monday's comic went like gangbusters, too. So, yeah, feeling electric. Was that a stealthy, taser-related pun? I don't even know anymore.

AND get this, I also learned that Kanye West RIPPED OFF my dear and yellow associate jack kelly. Can you believe that? I guess he's using Yalies for all kinds of style advice...Write your congressmen today!

All right, we're movin' on up in the world. No, please, no interviews, thank you. No time for the riff raff anymore. You understand. Skit skat, Mr. Kitty Cat.

Reuxben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy.