Monday, March 28, 2011

Fun_YouKnowWhatTheyDoToGuysLikeUsInShinjuku

#SingItForJapan
From California, USA.

I hope Japan gets/stays Safe and Sound.

I did a Yale Summer Session at Tokyo University in 2008 and fell in love with their fashion, style, and love of aesthetics, even more so than before.

Since I wanted this piece to be a bit different, I decided to experiment by using different kinds of brushes, and even trying out textures for the first time. I finally discovered a use for my tattered, 1960s-era copy of The Crying of Lot 49--its cover had long fallen off from my sophomore year at Yale, so I decided to scan in its yellowed reverse side and use that along with the crinkles of the attraction-tracking ticket I got from Joypolis to create our background texture.

"Yes We Can" is an appropriate chant, I suppose, since everybody can always text "REDCROSS" to 90999 to donate, but I thought "YES JA PAN!" was a little neater sounding.

Reuxben

No comments: