Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Fun_HeyNow


One of my New Years' resolutions was to get a series of comics done this year, so I've begun doing just that, and this was a test run on my materials plus possible post-treatments, such as the straightforward cel-shader above, and the thematically colored shadows below.


I don't have the heart to go totally digital on comics yet, though, maybe I should do something micro to beat the preciousness out of me...


Anyway, I drew these with pencil and G-Pen inks on IC comics paper, and it was a dream...the drawing feels so smooth. I thought I could ink digitally, but...ugh...it just doesn't feel quite right yet.


So given these two floating figures, I thought I'd give them a couple rough color treatments, like some red-intensives for the "black and white and read all over" ethos (I don't anticipate any other colors in the actual pages of Coverage Draft), as well as full color.


Ultimately, I just went with the backgrounds I used for the tester images of Fred and Vicky for a kind of mock cover.


All right, I believe that'll do. Paper's great, inks are great, and we're all tested up and ready to draw some finals. Right now, I'm warming up on comics in general by drawing Splinter, but hope to have Coverage Draft under way soon enough, though probably want to do the other short first, too.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: