Monday, May 16, 2011

L.A.S.E.R.Catz_Tapedecks

Some more character designs I did for L.A.S.E.R. Catz, the new 99¢ iPhone app game, which has recently been updated. More barrels of monkey-fun after the jump, man.

I called these bad guys the "Tapedecks," but as I don't have iThings, I don't know if they made it to the final or if they're even called the Tapedecks. They're themed as riffs on the basic shapes mixed with boom boxes.

We designed them to have all kinds of weapons available to mix and match on their modular sockets, so that they can fire all sorts of gear at you. The beam sword is an homage to the Tenchi Muyo beam sword.

This final guy is an alternate version of my mini-boss-ish design. I pictured this guy as sort of a more ultimate form of the basic-shape trio. Not quite the boss, though. Wonder what the true boss Tapedeck would look like...

Anyway,
L.A.S.E.R. Catz
recently got an update, so there's even more to love for just 99¢ so go get it or don't (but actually do)!

Reuxben

No comments: