Monday, May 22, 2017

Fun_Lakers


I guess this might have been vaguely inspired by my earlier "horror" sketch, but it was mainly because I listened to a podcast or an interview about the new Friday the 13th video game starring Adam Sessler.


I'm not actually into horror movies because they never scare me more than my own imagination. Side note, I am sick of hearing how great The Grudge and The Ring are--we laughed right through that stupid vocal-fry, five-hours-before-anything-kinda-happens movie. I love Japanese stuff, but come on...I'm not giving it a pass.


Anyway, I thought a neat gimmick would be for this Jason-y guy to have a green glove and a red glove. I presume each has different powers. Look, I just wanted to draw a lake/forest scene without relying too heavily on water since that's too much my go-to on these landscape paintings.


The only horror movie I really like is the first half of Jeepers Creepers. The second the reveal the monster after it gets hit by the car, it's like a totally different movie, and I totally check out.


Another good one is, what is it, Detour or Wrong Turn? Some car-related term. It stars Captain Stottlemeyer from Monk, as the trucker villain, and he calls the main character "Candy Cane" over a CB radio. Such a great performance. Apparently he played a more famous character I'm supposed to auto-associate with him from Silence of the Lambs, but I haven't seen it. Not really into movies...!

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: