Monday, May 8, 2017

Fun_FranceGo


I just wanted to try drawing something on super loose lines, almost jumping to overpaints asap, and this was inspired by the recent French election, where at long last evil lost.


So I just sketched in a super rough skeleton of a drawing and flatted it, then went to coloring and collapsing! the two in short order.


I then dropped some filtery layers over top and generally tried to keep it as straightforward as possible, with allowance for roughness and sketchiness.


I wanted to try drawing a darker skinned person, as I think it's kinda neat when you think about how much we abused and disrespected black people here, meanwhile when they went to fight in the war, they felt welcomed in France.


And now here we are looking to Germany and France, etc. to be the heroes, and we're stuck as some trollish villain for the time being.


But we'll get there. Related, I also wanted this to be a female here because I was also inspired by Sally Yates's utterly heartening, unflinching patriotism in the Senate.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: