Monday, May 1, 2017

Fun_FroggoBoggo


A super random color sketch, again,falling into the same old water pitfall, I should note...


I was originally just laying down random colors and shapes to see if I'd "see" something in the splotches, I even rotated and warped the entire canvas at random intervals to push the image into new directions.


The piece started vaguely as a mountainous landscape, but after the first rotate and warp, it looked like an ocean wave with a stack of frogs and reptiles rather than colorful mountains.


The coloful blobs merged into a giant frog-turtle after the next rotation, and from there, we stumbled on this grassy foreground, ocean background scene. I wanted to get reckless with this one, hence the strange colors of the creature's body, and the markings, to boot--I was thinking of how poisonous frogs get really outrageous colors. It's unclear if the creature's a threat or just curious wildlife.


I liked the little guys hanging out, though it was originally a campfire (still had the one loser standing apart from the group in that version). I rapidly had to change a bunch of these last few details from the single-layer base sketch cuz I was minutes from deadline and can't really draw as effectively when people are watching, and it just wasn't looking good.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: