Friday, December 14, 2007

Fun_TakeOut

There is no more Herald this semester, so until we pick up in January, we're going to have to make do with sketches and other oddities I have laying around.

Up first is a series of doodles I did on a discarded Chinese menu while in a very boring Record meeting. For a humor magazine, the meetings are pretty dull.

So there's a bandit!

No, I don't like Chinese food.

But I do like My Chemical Romance.

So I drew a guy based on Gerard Way's old "look" from Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge.

I practiced drawing emotions I was feeling during the meeting, and exploring my own style as well as trying out new styles based on Humberto Ramos and Francisco Herrera. This emotion screams, "Get me Out of Here!!"

"Blah...BLAH!"

"Ok, ok, pay attention, pay attention.

This doesn't concern you at all, but try to be a team player."

"Ugh...zombie."

This is a sketch from the recent Purple Crayon Midnight Madness performance. Really enjoyable, although there were some dull spells and the ending fizzled.

I was thinking of Herrera when I drew this one.

This is a cat-like creature wearing a bowtie.

Of course.

Reuxben

No comments: