Monday, October 6, 2008

Fun_RokSta

There's been a ton of rock recently, which means rock sketches.

To start, a couple Sundays ago,
Person L
Hit the Lights
Chiodos
and
MOTION CITY SOUNDTRACK

came to local club Toad's Place. I tore the shrinkwrap off of my new My Chemical Romance sketchbook, and this is the best I could muster in the murky mosh pit. This was my first time at Toad's, and the first thing I thought was: MAN this floor is sticky!

It was a great show all around. I'd never heard of the first band, only vaguely the second two, and was right at home with the headliner. But I couldn't recognize lead singer Justin Pierre, though! His hair was outrageous...ly kinda normal.

Anyway, each band put on an incredible live show, especially Hit the Lights, and I have acquired a taste for Chiodos, which sounds like what Pierce the Veil had hitherto owned in my ears.

So is that it?

No. So much more rock to come Wednesday as Yale-A-Palooza and JE's Great Awakening yield more rock-centric art, including this incredible jazz trio, above. I wish I had caught the band's name. Anyway, these guys rocked. And they are Yalies. So, ten kinds of insanity there.

Reuxben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CHIODOS WAS AMAZING.

I CHOPPED A MIDDLE SCHOOL GIRL IN THE FACE.