Wednesday, January 12, 2011

ZLM_Atelophobia

The "R" stands for Ron.

Zero Like Me #148:
The Cantabulous Life of Zero Zetsubo Pt.7 -
Atelophobia
<- Previous Comic...Next Comic ->
-First Comic-

Easter Eggs: "Yale" on sidewalk, my trusty cell phone, piggy crest, shout out to Ron, . Today's setting is in front of Porcellian "Skull and Bones of Hahvid" Club.

Fun Facts: The very first time I used Photoshop in a comic, which was coincidentally also my first time incorporating Skull and Bones in ZLM, I also blurred the background a bit--didn't want to let Photoshop become a crutch. Glad that worked out. Also, in the same way that Brad Bird decided to keep a flubbed line in The Iron Giant because it helped establish the disregard for a character (Mansley), I liked "Porcelain" because that's how I kept reading "Porcellian" for the longest time, and it works as a subtle snub by Zero, who is for once not a total loser.

Baa: While at Harvard's 7-11, where I believe I saw the infamous On Harvard Time "Yale" narrator guy buying a Chimichanga, I confirmed my "Harvard Head" theory, which I used to design today's Cantab. The theory is that white dudes with HUUUUUGE heads and Conan-coiffed hair are likely Harvard guys; that's what a "Harvard Man" looks like and I saw plenty of them. Peripherally, I'm rereading my Animorphs collection, and I lol'd when one alien was described as sounding "like he graduated from Harvard," because it's such a meaningless description. But my hunch is that either it means he sounds like a borderline special ed Kennedy or he sounds British, which is how we US dunces think "smart" people sound.

In any case, that description was comically useless. Like me!

Reuxben

No comments: