Friday, October 16, 2009

Herald_zlm.DoYouFeel

Do not waste Garry's time when he's sitting on Progenitus mana; he will have none of that.

Zero Like Me #41
Zero Romance #6:
Do You Feel
<- Previous...Next->
-First-

Easter Eggs: Tokyo, romance 6, time don't wait, and keep it real in panel 1; Tenchi, apples, and oranges; Fair Haven Elementary; Magic: the Gathering; NorCal's 262 and 408 (old area code) and SoCal's 760 (current area code).

Fun Facts: I didn't know Garry was in this until late into the planning stage, but he allowed our main cast to do some acting; didn't know I'd go surreal in panel 5 until actually penciling it. I wanted to reference one of my absolute favorite romance sequences in panels 2 and 3, where Tenchi and Sakuya cross each other on the street before they actually meet. I absolutely love that concept of completely oblivious meetings before finding love, and I like to imagine that happens in real life, like whenever I'm in Grand Central Station, but it probably doesn't (maybe that's why trains are the most romantic form of transportation).

Baa: Actually, I think I saw someone across the street giving me a double take Thursday afternoon, believe it or freaking not. I had to fight cracking up because I thought of that Groucho Marx quote that goes something like, "I would never join any club that would have someone like me as a member." Same thing happens whenever I meet freshmen and they're talking to me like I'm not some socially inept idiot. In the back of my head I'm always cracking up thinking, Dude, didn't you get the memo?

So do you feel, like I do? No, you probably don't. You probably like the Beatles, and Bob Dylan, and Bruce Springsteen. And I pity you.

Today's celebrity birthday is the Tokyo Werewolf, which shares its birthday with Zero Like Me.

By the way, is the ZLM mourning glory banner too showy and obstructive? Good. Now get out of my face, you vampire.

Reuxben

1 comment:

Jay said...

like the story cause that happens >_< and it sucks lol... but once again your penmanship is a bit off this time on your last frame >_<