Saturday, October 6, 2007

Herald_RockNRoll

Welcome to a more care-free update. I was originally going to go with some more depressing stuff this week, but a couple of things changed that plan.

First, I had a discussion that made me feel a little peppier, less in the mood to criticize. Second, it's also Parents' Weekend, so I don't want an awkward weekend. I actually drew this with my sister in mind, wondering if she can get all the lyrics and their bands.

Easter Eggs: All of the background text in the final panel is some of my favorite upbeat lyrics from rock songs. The full text is at the end of this post.

Easier Easter Eggs: The Non-hero is based off a real guy who is named in the second panel. Hero's final screaming pose is a rip-off of an earlier post by--ME! I took the screaming guy's pose from my Fun_WMSdrawings post, and plugged it in here.

Fun Facts: I didn't want to make any lyrics completely obscured, so I left some blank space in there rather than squeeze in words.

So here's the background text:

"Rock n' Roll"

Tongue tied and oh so squeamish
I don’t know where to begin
Let’s go back to the middle of the day that starts it all
Well if you wanted honesty that’s all you had to say
The music played with a calming frequency
Simply singing for the girl
The point’s that there ain’t no romance around there

I miss you more than I did yesterday
Oh baby let me in
Ice cream headaches and sweet avalanche
I’m so full of love it deeply sickens me
You look so good in blue

Just give me strength to pen these things
A tangle on the television and the magazine
I found the cure to growing older
Wait, how come it’s already two pound fifty?
I can’t do this all on my own
I’ll be back with my superman action
Swap jumpers and make another move
Those that claim they’re not showing off are drownin’ in denial
I’m rocking’ steady to the beat in my head

With every breath I wish your body will be broken again
It’s a lie, kiss with open eyes
What are you so afraid of?
I’m trying to find out if my words have any meaning
Case open case shut
I hate the ending myself, but it started with an alright scene


Reuxben

No comments: