Monday, October 5, 2020

FanArt_ink.Blade

 
MTGinktober slashes into Day 5, "Blade," starring Gwendlyn Di Corci and Hero's Blade
 
 
Hmm, this was another one where I felt like I used a neat idea already on a similar prompt, but there was an advantage in being able to go with a shorter stabbing instrument, so I looked up characters with minimal armor and blade-length for maximum contrast to the earlier jam--enter an obscure Legends legend.

 
I found that card's art had surprising depth--there's a bunch of random props around her--see the cat and weird Hermes-style helmet--and with a minimal background, things were coming up Milhouse, especially since I was short on time today.

 
Fun Facts: The page we wiped for this drawing was rough thumbnails and sketches for a Magic-themed comic I realistically will never draw (more on this later, but for now, it's pictured below--spoilers). 
 

Easter Eggs: All of the weapons in this illustration are from other cards apart from the sword at the bottom of the image, which is in the original painting, but the sword in hand is actually from one of my OG favorite cards--it's Royal Assassin's dagger.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: