Tuesday, October 20, 2020

FanArt_ink.Coral


MTGinktober dives deep into Day 20, "Coral," starring Jori En, Ruin Diver!

 
Man, this was a tough one, cuz I'm not crazy about drawing merfolk, but what else has coral in it?  Again, pressed for time, I couldn't plan for something as complicated as a Kiora piece, so I went with Jori En as she's mostly negative space, so only so much detail would be necessary, plus she has a pretty neat design, anyway, and I have been meaning to draw her for these past couple years.

 
I was sorta bouncing between both present versions of her to get a better idea her costuming, but improvised a lot on the helmet, which appears here not quite as its depicted in either version.

 
Fun Facts: Today's wiped page was an old sketch I believe I started on the train one night, again trying to draw "normal" Magic types.


Easter Eggs: The background is heavily from Jori En's Game Day promo.  My sig is in her staff.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: