Monday, October 19, 2020

FanArt_ink.Dizzy_II

MTGinktober spins me right round again on Day 19, "Dizzy (II)," starring Anje Falkenrath!

Indeed, this is our second spin on this prompt, after it appears the official list accidentally reused a word.  I have always felt that last attempt was pretty weak, and again, owing to limited time, this one had to be super simple, so it isn't quite a sweet revenge, though this prompt isn't terribly inspirational to begin with.

I will say, her outfit is surprisingly simple, and mostly just-plain black, so that was a great benefit for speeding though actual inks--a record 30-minute inktime.  Another advantage was that the original illustration features considerable distortion, so that meant I could really be loose with the background and stay not only in the spirit of Anje's card art, but also in line with the prompt, which should feel a bit disorienting. 

Fun Facts: The page we cleared for today's illustration was a sketch in progress that I believe was supposed to be a girl and her dragon--the Black Egg logo was a reference to IGPX, of course.


Easter Eggs:  My sig is in the blood--spooky stuff.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: